NAHAD's Hose Safety Institute provides a vital forum for hose distributors manufacturers suppliers end-users and industry organizations to support and promote hose assembly safety, quality and reliability.
The Hose Safety Institute Advisory Council offers guidance to the Standards Committee in support of HSI goals. The Council is charged with formulating recommendations for updates to the NAHAD Hose Assembly Guidelines; Providing feedback on the educational resources and tools available to NAHAD members and to end-users; Serving as a forum for addressing end-user industry issues; Providing appropriate input to the Hose Assembly Group and ensuring ongoing industry dialogue and communications.
Membership is drawn from academia, end-users, standards/regulatory bodies, related associations/ industry groups and government agencies. Final selection is based on one or more of the following:
- Professional expertise in industrial safety, engineering or technologies
- Commitment to hose assembly safety, quality and reliability
- Technical skills related to industrial hose applications serving various markets
- Leadership role in standards-setting, academic, regulatory or industry organization
- Reputation for addressing key issues, emerging technologies and/or processes related to hose assembly
- Membership is by invitation with up to 15 invited representatives
- The Vice-Chair of the Standards Committee serves as the Advisory Council Chair
- The Director Education and the Hose Safety Institute acts as the staff liaison and Secretary
- Participate in three scheduled Council calls and one in-person summer meeting (NAHAD covers all expenses except transportation to and from meeting location)
- Determine the short and long-term agenda based on Council member and Standards Committee recommendations
- Solicit input/feedback from their organizations on selected topics as needed
- Term: 1 year, renewable annually
- Council Member Benefits:
- Guest attendance at NAHAD’s Annual Convention, held each spring
- Name and company/firm listed on NAHAD’s Hose Safety Institute website
- An active voice in support of hose assembly safety, quality and reliability
- Required: Signed Confidentiality Agreement
For more information about the Council or how to become a member, contact Joanna Truitt, Director, Education and the Hose Safety Institute, at email@example.com or (410) 940-6350.